One reconstructed cylindrical English bottle and fragments of at least one other was found at the Lot 35 tavern. They are undersized quart beer-style bottles of very dark green glass. This type of bottle was manufactured from 1750 until the early nineteenth century, and retained the squarish body shape. Although these bottles are often referred to as "beer style" containers, other liquids, such as cider, vinegar, spa waters, and castor oil were sold in them (Jones 1986:68-69).
Foodways, Service, Glass Bottles
2004-666-144, 2004-666-147, 2004-666-151
L to R