This is part of an exploded swivel gun, most likely English in design, dating to the period 1750-1815. It is from the breech end of the gun. Since Davidsonville was a river settlement with significant trade via boats, swivel guns might have been mounted on land for defense or signaling. It is not known how it came to be in a tavern. Perhaps it was a souvenir from the War of 1812?
Lot 35 Tavern Midden